We're introducing the blog posts feature now on this wiki.
Why Create Blogs?
They are different than a typical article in that they are not intended to be a collaboratively written pieces of content, but instead a single user's composition. The idea is to create more of a community feel for a wikia, and give users more outlets for their endless creativity.
Some examples of why a user would choose a blog article instead of a traditional wikia article:
- Fan fiction and original work
- Op-eds and personal stories
- Articles that pose questions and solicit responses
- Reviews, suggestions or recommendations
Of course, it's entirely up to each wikia's community as to how it gets used.
Step by Step
Creating a Blog Post
- To create a new blog post, go to the "Blog" tab on your user profile.
- Click the "Create Blog Post" button at the top of this tab. This will open an editing screen.
- Create your blog post as though you were creating any other wikia page. The only difference is that this one will be attributed entirely to you.
- Decide if you want to allow comments by checking or unchecking the "Commenting" checkbox above the edit summary.
- Click "Preview" to review your work.
- Click "Publish" to share your blog post with the rest of your wikia community.
- Return to the "Blog" tab on your profile to see a list of all of your blog posts.